Bennett’s Creek Challenge
Saturday, May 12, 2017 – Bennett’s Creek Park, Suffolk
Celebrate the warm weather by coming out to Bennett’s Creek Park in northern Suffolk and taking part in our 5K Run/Walk or 1 Mile Fun Walk. Register before April 28, 2018, to ensure you get a special race T-shirt and take advantage of the early registration discount! Children under 12 are FREE, although no T-Shirt will be provided, one can still be purchased for $10. All participants to receive a finisher medal!
Check-in is at 7:00 a.m.
Warm-up at 7:30 a.m.
Events occur at 8:00 a.m.
Trophies awarded at 9:00 a.m.
Prize drawings at 9:15 a.m.
- Weather alerts will be posted here as the event gets closer. We do not offer a rain date, this event will happen rain or shine (except for extreme weather). You can check back to this page for cancellation information after 1:00 p.m. on Friday, May 11 in the event weather is more severe than anticipated, and we will send an email to all registrants.
- Please consider helping Healthy Suffolk by providing a voluntary donation.
- Plan on sticking around after the event for the prize drawings. Must be present to win! All ages eligible.
- This will be an overall timed event! Timing is for not individual participant times.
- More info will be posted to this site as the event gets closer
- If you are a beginner, we recommend the following training schedule.
Participants of all ages are welcome. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Online registration is available by clicking the button below. After Friday May 11, 2018, participants may register at the event by using cash, credit card, or with a check made payable to Healthy Suffolk.
Individual Registration Fees:
Early (Before April 28): $20
Children 12 and under are FREE (*No T-Shirt provided, but are available to purchase for $10)
Normal registration (after April 28th and at the gate): $25
PACKET PICK UP:
All participants must check-in prior to race. Packet pick up will be available Friday, May 11 from 12:00 p.m. till 2:00 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. till 6:00 p.m. at Bennett’s Creek Park, 3000 Bennetts Creek Park Rd, Suffolk, VA 23435 – and the day of the race between 6:00 a.m till 7:00 a.m. at the race location. All participants are encouraged to pick up packets the day before.
Immediately following the completion of the race, awards will be presented. Must be present to win. More information to come.
5K – The 5K event is open for running and walking. A single clock will be started at the race start, and will run until the last participant crosses the finish line. Please refer to the running clock for your time. No individual times will be provided. Race route is listed above.
1 Mile “Fun Walk” – This event will occur after the beginning of the 5K event. No times will be provided. This event is to promote active movement at each participant’s own pace.
Please ONLY PARK in the designated parking area. Any vehicles parked in unauthorized areas are subject to a fine and may be towed at the owner’s expense.
POLICIES & REFUNDS:
• Races are subject to delay or cancellation with no refunds.
• This event will be held rain or shine. No refunds or make-up dates will be provided.
• Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
• T-shirts are not guaranteed for registered participants who register after April 28, 2018, who withdraw, or who do not attend.
• Event time and courses are subject to slight modifications.