Healthy Suffolk Dog Days of Summer 5K Run/Walk & 1 Mile Fun Walk
Presented by Sentara
Saturday, August 24, 2019 at Towne Bank Member Service Center, Harbourview
Harbourview is one of Suffolk's most beautiful communities. Join us August 24, 2019 for the Healthy Suffolk Dog Days 5K Run/Walk and 1-Mile Fun Walk. Register before August 8, 2019, to ensure you get a commemorative race T-shirt and take advantage of the early registration discount! Children under 13 are FREE, although no T-Shirt will be provided, one can still be purchased for $12. All participants receive a finisher medal!
Check-in is at 7:00 a.m.
Warm-up at 7:30 a.m.
Events occur at 8:00 a.m.
Trophies awarded at 9:00 a.m.
Prize drawings at 9:15 a.m.
- Weather alerts will be posted here as the event gets closer. We do not offer a rain date, this event will happen rain or shine (except for extreme weather). You can check back to this page for cancellation information after 1:00 p.m. on Friday, August 23 in the event weather is more severe than anticipated, and we will send an email to all registrants.
- Please consider helping Healthy Suffolk by providing a voluntary donation.
- Plan on sticking around after the event for the prize drawings. Must be present to win! All ages eligible.
- This is not a timed event.
- More info will be posted to this site as the event gets closer
- If you are a beginner, we recommend the following training schedule.
Participants of all ages are welcome. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Online registration is available by clicking the button below. Friendly pets and strollers are always welcome!
Individual Registration Fees:
Early (Before August 9, 2019): $25
Children 12 and under are FREE (*No T-Shirt provided, but are available to purchase for $12)
Normal registration (August 9-August 24, 2019): $35
*Please note, after August 24, 2019, we cannot guarantee that registrants will get a T-shirt
PACKET PICK UP AND SENTARA HEALTH FAIR:
All participants must check-in prior to race. Packet pick up will be available Friday, August 23, 2019 from 12:00 p.m. till 6:00 p.m. at Towne Bank Member Service Center Parking Lot, 6001 Harbour View Blvd, Suffolk, VA 23435 *PLEASE look for the Healthy Suffolk Tent, and do not go into the Member Service Center! - and the day of the race between 7:00 a.m till 8:00 a.m. at the race location. All participants are encouraged to pick up packets the day before.
Participate in a special Sentara Health Fair available to race participants during packet pick-up and the morning of the race. More information to come.
Immediately following the completion of the race, awards will be presented. Must be present to win. More information to come.
5K - The 5K event is open for running and walking. No individual times will be provided. Race route is listed above.
1 Mile "Fun Walk" - This event will occur after the beginning of the 5K event. No times will be provided. This event is to promote active movement at each participant's own pace.
Please ONLY PARK in the designated parking area. Any vehicles parked in unauthorized areas are subject to a fine and may be towed at the owner’s expense.
POLICIES & REFUNDS:
• Races are subject to delay or cancellation with no refunds.
• This event will be held rain or shine. No refunds or make-up dates will be provided.
• Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
• T-shirts are not guaranteed for registered participants who register after August 8, 2019, who withdraw, or who do not attend.
• Event time and courses are subject to slight modifications.